This layer contains the DEM for LiDAR data in the Waikato Region covering Thames Township captured between 2017 and 2019.
- The DSM is available as layer [Waikato - Thames 1m LiDAR DSM (2017-2019)](https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/104173).
- The index tiles are available as layer [Waikato - Thames LiDAR 1m Index Tiles (2017-2019)](https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/104174).
- The LAS point cloud and vendor project reports are available from [OpenTopography](https://portal.opentopography.org/datasets?loc=New%20Zealand).
LiDAR was captured for Waikato Regional Council by Aerial Surveys in February 2017, March 2018 and April 2019. These datasets were generated by Aerial Surveys and their subcontractors. Data management and distribution is by Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand.
- DEM: tif or asc tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
- DSM: tif or asc tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
- Point cloud: las tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
Pulse density specification is at a minimum of 4.23 pulses/square metre.
Vertical datum is NZVD2016.