Orthophotography within the Otago Region taken in the flying seasons (summer periods) 2017-2018 and 2018-2019. Coverage is of the Otago region covering the Queenstown Lakes District.
Imagery was captured for Otago Regional Council by Aerial Surveys Ltd, Unit A1, 8 Saturn Place, Albany,0632, New Zealand.
Data comprises: •2328 ortho-rectified RGB GeoTIFF images in NZTM projection, tiled into the LINZ Standard 1:5,000 tile layout •Tile layout in NZTM projection containing relevant information.
The supplied imagery is in terms of New Zealand Transverse Mercator (NZTM) map projection. Please refer to the supplied tile layout shape file for specific details, naming conventions, etc.
Imagery supplied as 30cm pixel resolution (0.30 m GSD), 3-band (RGB) uncompressed GeoTIFF. The final spatial accuracy is ±0.5 m @ 95% confidence level.
Index tiles for this dataset are available as layer [Otago 0.3m Rural Aerial Photos Index Tiles (2017-2019)](http://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/103861)
Project Aerial photography was captured over the Otago Region covering the Queenstown Lakes District area totalling approximately 10,480 km2. The area of capture covers part of the Otago Region in the south of the South Island.
Data Acquisition Aerial photography was captured using Vexcel's digital UCE and UCE80 cameras during the 2017/2018 season 38.87% was captured and the remaining 61.13% was captured during the 2018/2019 season.
Captured on the following dates 2017/18: 29 -30 Jan 2018, 7 February 2018 2018/19: 7 February 2019, 28-29 March 2019, 3 April 2019, 7 April 2019
Camera For this project two cameras were used as follows: Photography captured using Vexcel's digital UCE camera fitted with the 100 mm lens and flown at an altitude of approximately 18,928 ft (5,769 m) with the lowest ground GSD set at 0.3 m. Photography captured using Vexcel's digital UCE camera fitted with the 80 mm lens and flown at an altitude of approximately 16,580 ft (5,053 m) with the lowest ground GSD set at 0.3 m.
Sun Angle Imagery captured with a minimum sun angle of 40 degrees. Towards the end of the season the sun angle was lowered to a minimum of 30 degrees in order to complete capture. For aerial capture on this project the sun angle ranged from 27.0 to 63.1 degrees.
Flight Planning SN13931 Queenstown Lakes District Rural: 51 runs, 4367 frames (total area) A total of 1713 frames captured during the 2017/18 season A total of 3597 frames captured during the 2018/19 season Stereo capture: Forward overlap 60%, min 54%. Side overlap 35%, min 15%.
Environmental Specification Imagery captured with no cloud or cloud shadow within the area of interest.