This layer contains the index tiles for LiDAR data in the Nelson Region, including Nelson City as well as the surrounding area, captured in 2021.
- The DEM is available as layer [Nelson LiDAR 1m DEM (2021)](https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/106837).
- The DSM is available as layer [Nelson LiDAR 1m DSM (2021)](https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/106842).
- The LAS point cloud and vendor project reports are available from [OpenTopography](https://portal.opentopography.org/datasets?loc=New%20Zealand).
LiDAR was captured for Nelson City Council by Aerial Surveys from 10 January to 24 June 2021. These datasets were generated by Aerial Surveys and their subcontractors. Data management and distribution is by Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand.
- DEM: tif or asc tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
- DSM: tif or asc tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
- Point cloud: las tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
Pulse density specification is at a minimum of 8 pulses/square metre.
Vertical Accuracy Specification is +/- 0.2m (95%).
Horizontal Accuracy Specification is +/- 1.0m (95%).
Vertical datum is NZVD2016.