Manawatū-Whanganui 0.3m Rural Aerial Photos Index Tiles (2021-2022)
Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand
Index Tiles ONLY, for actual orthophotos see layer [Manawatū-Whanganui 0.3m Rural Aerial Photos (2021-2022)](http://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/110729)
Orthophotography within the Manawatū-Whanganui Region captured in the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 flying seasons. Coverage encompasses Manawatū-Whanganui Region.
Imagery was captured for Manawatū-Whanganui LASS Ltd by Aerial Surveys Ltd, Unit A1, 8 Saturn Place, Albany 0632, New Zealand.
Data comprises: • 2916 ortho-rectified RGB GeoTIFF images in NZTM projection, tiled into the LINZ Standard 1:5000 tile layout • Tile layout in NZTM projection containing relevant information.
The supplied imagery is in terms of New Zealand Transverse Mercator (NZTM) map projection.
Imagery supplied as 30cm pixel resolution (0.30m GSD), 3-band (RGB) uncompressed GeoTIFF. The final spatial accuracy is ±0.5 at 95% confidence level in clear flat areas.
Aerial photography was captured over the MWLASS rural area totalling approximately 22,901 km. The area of capture comprises the Manawatū-Whanganui Region of the North Island. During the 2020/2021 season 73% of the region was covered. The remaining 27% was captured during the 2021/2022 season. This delivery contains the ortho imagery and associated products covering the entire region.
The aerial photography for this project was captured within the 2020/21 flying season (September 2020 – April 2021) and 2021/2022 flying season (September 2021 – April 2022).
The aerial imagery was captured on the following dates: 2020/2021: 27 January 2021, 1-4 February 2021, 22 February 2021, 17 March 2021, 22 April 2021, 29 April 2021, 5 May 2021. 2021/2022: 17 January 2022, 24 February 2022, 28 February 2022, 28 April 2022, 30 April 2022, 12-13 May 2022, 4 July 2022.
Camera and Flyng Height
Photography captured using Vexcel's digital UCE camera fitted with the 100 mm lens and flown at an altitude of approximately 18,928 ft (5,769 m) with the lowest ground GSD set at 0.30 m and Vexcel's digital UCLp camera fitted with the 80 mm lens and flown at an altitude of approximately 11,133 ft (3,698 m) with the lowest ground GSD set at 0.30 m.
Imagery captured with a minimum sun angle of +35 degrees. Minimum sun angle reduced to +25 degrees on 19 April 2021 to extend capture window. Minimum sun angle reduced to +25 degrees on 20 May 2022 to extended capture window. The sun angle of the imagery used for the orthorectification ranged from 25.3-71.7 degrees.
The flight survey number for this project is SN14143 The flight plan is named MWLASS 30cm UCE V3 and comprises 127 runs, 7279 frames. All imagery captured in stereo: forward overlap 60%, min 54%; side overlap 35%, min 15%.
Imagery captured with no cloud or cloud shadow within the area of interest. Coastline, estuarine areas, shallow coastal environments and reefs captured within one hour either side of low tide. Imagery covering coastline covers a two kilometres sea buffer.
A combination of existing control and LINZ benchmarks were used for aerial triangulation for this project.