This imagery was captured by the European Space Agency Sentinel-2 satellites between the 18th-21st February 2023 NZDT. Published here as a part of the response to the severe weather emergency event of Cyclone Gabrielle in February 2023. Timing of this imagery capture was after the worst of the flooding.
• 242 ortho-rectified RGB GeoTIFF images in NZTM projection, tiled into the LINZ Standard 1:50000 tile layout.
• Satellite sensors: ESA Sentinel-2A
• Spectral resolution: R, G, B
• Spatial resolution: 10 meters
• Radiometric resolution: 8-bits (downsampled from 12-bits)
This is a visual product only. The data has been downsampled from 12-bits to 8-bits, and the original values of the images have been modified for visualisation purposes.
The supplied imagery is in terms of New Zealand Transverse Mercator (NZTM) map projection.
Index tiles for this dataset are available as layer [North Island 10m Cyclone Gabrielle Satellite Imagery Index Tiles (2023)](http://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/112691)"