This layer contains the DEM for LiDAR data for the Nelson - Tasman region, captured between 23 August 2022 and 6 September 2022.
- The DSM is available as layer [Nelson and Tasman - Top of the South Flood LiDAR 1m DSM (2022)](https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/112784).
- The index tiles are available as layer [Nelson and Tasman - Top of the South Flood LiDAR Index Tiles (2022](https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/112783).
- The LAS point cloud and vendor project reports are available from [OpenTopography](https://portal.opentopography.org/datasets?search=new%20zealand).
LiDAR was captured for Nelson City Council, Tasman District Council, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency and the National Emergency Management Agency by Aerial Surveys Ltd between 23 August 2022 and 6 September 2022. These datasets were generated by Arial Surveys Ltd and their subcontractors. Data management and distribution is by Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand. Coverage includes Nelson to Brightwater, including the Waimea River, State Highway 6 from Hira to Rai Valley and Ōkiwi Bay access road, plus Abel Tasman Drive, Bird Hill and Takaka Hill in Golden Bay.
- DEM: tif or asc tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
- DSM: tif or asc tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
- Point cloud: las tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
Pulse density specification is at a minimum of 2.8 pulses/square metre.
Vertical Accuracy Specification is +/- 0.2m (95%)
Horizontal Accuracy Specification is +/- 1.0m (95%)
Vertical datum is NZVD2016.