This layer contains the DEM for LiDAR data in the Southland Region, captured between 15 December 2020 to 4 November 2021.
- The DSM is available as layer [Southland LiDAR 1m DSM (2020-2021)](https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/113173)
- The index tiles are available as layer [Southland LiDAR Index Tiles (2020-2021)](https://data.linz.govt.nz/layer/113174)
- The LAS point cloud and vendor project reports are available from [OpenTopography](https://portal.opentopography.org/datasets?loc=New%20Zealand)
LiDAR was captured for Environment Southland by Aerial Surveys Ltd between 15 December 2020 and 4 November 2021. These datasets were generated by Aerial Surveys and their subcontractors. Data management and distribution is by Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand.
- DEM: tif or asc tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
- DSM: tif or asc tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
- Point cloud: las tiles in NZTM2000 projection, tiled into a 1:1,000 tile layout
Pulse density specification is at a minimum of 4 pulses/square metre.
Vertical Accuracy Specification is +/- 0.2m (95%)
Horizontal Accuracy Specification is +/- 1.0m (95%)
Vertical datum is NZVD2016.