Topo250 is the official small scale topographic map series used by New Zealand emergency services.
When using Topo250 data, please be aware of the following:
1. Representation of a road or track does not necessarily indicate public right of access. For access rights, maps and other information, contact the New Zealand Walking Access Commission - www.walkingaccess.govt.nz
2. The Department of Conservation and other agencies should be contacted for the latest information on tracks and back country huts.
3. Not all aerial wires, cableways and obstructions that could be hazardous to aircraft are held in the data.
4. Contours and spot elevations in forest and snow areas may be less accurate.
5. Not all pipelines including both underground and above ground are held in the data or shown on the printed maps. For the latest information please contact the utility and infrastructure agencies.
6. Permits may be required to visit some sensitive and special islands and areas. Contact the Department of Conservation to see if you need to apply for a permit.