LINZ Licence For Personal Data 1.0
Effective Date: 30th of July 2014
The data being licensed under this Licence (the Data) is protected by copyright and/or other applicable law. Any use of the Data other than as authorised under this Licence or copyright law is prohibited. By exercising any rights to the Data provided here, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this Licence.
This Licence is granted on the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence (CC BY 3.0 NZ) published at creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/, amended as follows:
- The definition of “Work” in CC BY 3.0 NZ includes the Data.
- As the Data contains information about identifiable individuals, You agree the following additional provisions:
- You must comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993, including the information privacy principles, in respect of the Data as if you were an “agency” under that Act.
- You must take such security safeguards as are reasonable to ensure the Data is not misused and is not provided to any individual or entity that has not agreed to this Licence.
- You must not allow the Data to be indexed by any public internet web search engine and must ensure that all third parties to whom You provide the Data (whether or not supplied by You in a modified form or compilation) do the same.
- You must not do, or omit to do, anything that would cause LINZ to breach its obligations under the Privacy Act 1993.
- Within 5 business days of LINZ’s request to do so, You must:
- amend or delete the Data (or any part of the Data) as requested by LINZ;
- ensure that all third parties to whom You provided the Data (whether or not supplied by You in a modified form or compilation) do the same; and
- provide evidence satisfactory to LINZ that the Data has been so amended or deleted.
- You must not use the Data for any unlawful purpose and must comply with all laws.
- You must not assign Your rights under this Licence.
- You agree this Licence is subject to the laws of New Zealand and You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- Clause 7 of CC BY 3.0 NZ, which is titled “On the role of Creative Commons”, is deleted from this Licence as it is not applicable.
- All references to legislation or documents in these amendments, includes that legislation or those documents as amended or replaced from time to time.
This LINZ Licence For Personal Data may be amended by LINZ from time to time by posting a new version on the LINZ website. Any new version will apply to Data that is downloaded from the effective date of the new version. Any new version will not automatically affect any LINZ Licence For Personal Data for Data previously downloaded from LINZ. However, if You download any new Data under a LINZ Licence For Personal Data Licence after its effective date, all Data that You licensed from LINZ under any previous version of the LINZ Licence For Personal Data will, from the date you obtained the new Data, be licensed under the terms of the amended LINZ Licence For Personal Data.
LINZ grants You the rights contained here in consideration of your acceptance of such terms and conditions.